Sublime Birth times two

Find out what's happening with baby #2 :)

Saturday, April 15, 2006

20-week update

Apparently I'm not the best about updating my blog!

My first prenatal (awhile ago) went well. Prenatals with a homebirth midwife are so different from even hospital-based midwives. it's like another universe from OB appointments. I've had (and will have) no pelvic/vaginal exams, and I haven't had to wear a paper gown ;) My first prenatal was at a mutual friend's house, and very laid back. I've decided not to expose the baby to any ultrasound, and since I was only about 15 weeks, the midwife wasn't able to find the heartbeat with a fetascope yet (usually around 20-22 weeks).

I started feeling a lot more movement in the past couple of weeks. This morning I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time (I bought a fetascope on Ebay). It's very different from the doppler, which is all loud and magnified. It's almost like you feel the heartbeat in your ears, not really HEAR it. It's really cool.

I'm sort of at a loss for names. I was leaning towards John Benjamin for a boy but now it just doesn't feel right. Now out of nowhere I keep thinking about Ethan, a name I never really thought about before. And the girl names are totally eluding us. Oh well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home